Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dolly Injury :(

I was organizing my boxed dolls and that single clutch Fashionista box was totally clashing with my multiple Basics' boxes.  So, I decided to unbox the Fashionista and discovered that it's got a boo boo!
 

One of her knees is out of wack.  I could see before I opened it that something was wrong with the angle of her leg.  Why I didn't notice when I bought it I've no idea.  The pivot that inserts into the leg is warped and there is a big gash in the top of her knee.  I couldn't see the gash while she was packaged because her knee was bent.  I bought her months ago at Target when their Fashionistas were $8.99.  There's still time to return her, but I'm going to keep her instead.


I have had surgeries and knee troubles myself and nobody got rid of me, ^_^.  So, I will just work this into the background story of whichever doll ends up with the body.  One of my dolls is a sports physical therapist and this doll can be in the same field or even a patient.  I usually put a little ace bandage around articulated Barbie knees anyway when I want them to stand.  She'll just be the only one with a bandage on whether she's wearing pants or a skirt.

8 comments:

  1. Don't you hate that when you buy a doll and then later you find there was a defect. You came up with the perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, that is really annoying!!! But that dollies has been very lucky in finding someone that will take care of her and will make her part of a home no matter her physical problems. I hope to see her in a photo sesion soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea for working it into the story line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: I was the same when I bought the Sassy fashionista. When out of the box brought the broken knee and could not be put straight. He wore a long dress and inside the box did not see that were broken. I was angry. It comforts me to know that more people did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so nice that you are looking out for the injured dolls. They need love too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no! You are a better person than I am! I would be in the service line with the doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Muff, for rescuing the injured dolly. Applause. That's a lucky doll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting everyone!

    Frannie, I'm usually more observant when I buy dolls so this is actually the first one I've bought that was wonky and I didn't notice.

    Rossetti, I think I will feature her in a photo session one day but I need to make her some props first.

    Thanks, Cat. All my dolls have a story line somewhere in my head and someone with a bum knee fit right in.

    Marta, I've never bought one of the Fashionistas that wasn't wearing a short skirt. It's easy to hide defects when they are dressed differently.

    Vanessa and D7ana, given my nature of being a Frankenstein when it comes to dolls, it only seemed fair that I rescue one.

    LOL, Ms. Leo. I thought about it for a second and even found the receipt but I couldn't do it. She'll fit right in at my place.

    ReplyDelete